Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A feast for the senses...

   
   Our senses are what make us the people we are. Our sense of touch helps us define our surroundings. Our sense of taste along with out sense of smell let us know what kind of a meal we have sitting before is. Our sense of sound helps us be more aware of our surroundings. And lastly, our sense of sight gives us knowledge of where we are.
   If we were forced to give up one of these great senses, it would be terribly difficult to choose. But for a while, I think I could give up my sense of taste for a while, but in short order, I'd be relegated to a diet of Alpo or worse.
   But on my trips down the rivers of Minnesota, I sincerely appreciate my sense of sight the very most. When the winds are still and I am floating slowly past a stand of magically colorful maple trees, I realize which of my senses mean most to me. It just has to be my sense of sight. When I see the face of a new grandchild or a flock of migrating geese, I know.
   So if I am ever forced to choose, I think I have it all figured out.... kinda.
   My book "River of Seasons" is for sale on Amazon.com as  well as peaceriverbooks.com
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of "The River Calls" at Amazon.com and at peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   I invite you to visit "A River of Seasons" blog site each day for a small look into what life was like a long time ago.

Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and Formatting by coversareus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment