Monday, July 11, 2011

Well....

   Have you ever tried your hand at digging or pounding a well? Well, take it from someone who gave it a good try and came up dry.
   I started by learning how to witch a well. Green forks of maple, brass rods bent into the shape of an "L".  Then I tried my hand at witching. I found the water right away, but it was a ways down..
   I purchased a sand point and some pipe, Then I built a big tripod with a railroad car wheel that would fit over the pipe. Then the work began.
   I'd lift and drop the weight and then do it over and over again. After 24 feet of pipe and an aching back, the pipe just quit going down. I mean it really quit, no progress for two days of work. Then I decided to just quit for a while and heal up. Two days later I started again. Nothin!
   I pounded until I just couldn't go any more. I was pooped, really pooped. I sat on a rock and thought about it for a while, then I lifted off the weight and broke off the pipe even with the ground.
   That's all I know about wells other than the idea that paying someone to do it isn't such a bad idea.
   My book "River of Seasons" is for sale on Amazon.com as  well aspeaceriverbooks.com
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of "The River Calls" at Amazon.com and at peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   I invite you to visit "A River of Seasons" blog site each day for a small look into what life was like a long time ago.

Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and Formatting by coversareus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment