Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Camp Food

   My old friend Windy sure was a great outdoorsman. We paddled, rowed and sailed most of the water in Northern Minnesota and had a great time doing it. We hunted deer, grouse, ducks, geese, cranes and a bunch of critters I still can't spell.
   His wife was a great woman and with each trip, she packed an extra sandwich for me. What a nice thing for a man who would otherwise have starved to death.
   On one trip to Canada for giant Lake Trout, we started to run out of food. That woman made a meal that was fit for a king. She called it "Pipestone Stew".
   That woman was my all time favorite campfire cook. i miss her every time I cook over a campfire.
   My book "River of Seasons" is for sale on Amazon.com as  well as peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated often.
   I invite you to visit "A River of Seasons" blog site each day for a small look into what life was like a long time ago.

Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and Formatting by coversareus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment